12.15.2009

first night

As I've told a couple of friends, if anyone had mentioned to me a couple of years ago that we'd go sixteen months without being apart from our baby boy I'd have said, YOU CRAZY. But here we are, December 15, 2009 and it is only now happening. For the past couple of days Andrew's parents and their friends the Kinneys ("Auntie Ann" of cookie fame) were here helping us pack and PHEW. They were amazing. And this morning they departed for New York with Finn in tow ... funny how he took it in stride while I stood behind all weepy, and continued to stand in the kitchen for a good 'nother 5-10 minutes after watching them drive away feeling like I was missing a limb.

After a nap, a shower and a few more minutes of packing I went to the movies (alone! bliss!) and am now back home waiting for Andrew to return from meetings in the city. My friend Marna sent me this photo taken a few weeks ago of Finn playing with her daughter Pippi and friend at Bethesda Playground - he was so thrilled that day to have their attention. If you can't tell he's smiling from ear to ear in this picture.

We have tomorrow to finish packing then our movers come on Thursday morning so Finn has some quality time at Grandma & Grandpa's house, and we'll be able to see some friends and pack at our own pace. Then ... off to New York, for good! See ya, state that elects Joe Lieberman to the Senate!

2 comments:

Mom of AOCG said...

You're such a sweet, dedicated Mommy! He's in good hands, but I know how you feel! :(

What movie did you see?

Goodbye to the state that elects Joe Lieberman indeed!!!!!!!

Caryn said...

Good luck with your move!