11.11.2012

little mayor

We often call Finn "the little mayor" because some of his personality traits lead us to believe that he'll have a future in public service - the winning smile, the great head of hair, never meets a stranger (unless stranger is walking a dog in which case, sayonara), his ability to delegate ("Stand there on that rug; I have a few things to tell you while I go to the bathroom") and negotiate ("I only need six pieces of candy. Ok, four. Ok, three it is.")

However, I've realized before and was reminded again today while in the kitchen making soup and listening to this conversation through the window, that he probably won't get too far thanks - and thankfully - to his complete and utter inability to lie. Then again, he's only four. There's time to learn.

Daddy: You guys need to stop throwing rocks into the lawn. I mean it. Finn, did you hear me?
Finn: It was Tess's fault.
Tess: I'm so sorry, Daddy. I threw the rocks.
Finn: (sigh) I encouraged her.

No comments: