6.28.2011

gingers and quotes

Grady (4), Tess (14m), Cadyn (21m), Finn (almost 3), Bryce (21m)

A few cute quotes to share from our trip... Last week, the kids were playing at Aunt Judy and Aunt Mary Frances's with my cousins' kids, above. Finn and Grady are about a year apart so they were playing trucks and I heard this from the other room:
"FINN. My name is Finn Barber."
"Finn Barber." That was Grady.
"Phinneas James Barber."
Then a few moments later, I heard Grady say, "Move out of the way, Barber!"

(They were like little teenagers!) BTW the photo above is but one of many cute ones of the crew, and I should clarify that Grady is not about to hit Tess, nor was Cadyn very upset. The photo session was near the end of the morning and they were all getting a little tired but they still got along so well.

Anyway, a few days later, we were at my friend Karen's, who said to Tess in passing, "What are you doing down there, missy?"
"It's Tess," Finn said.
"What was that?" Karen said.
"That kid's name is Tess."

This morning we were walking down the stairs and Finn said, "Let's pretend that I'm the boss for a while." I said ok, but as soon as we got downstairs he said, "No, Mama - you're the real boss." Yesss! At least he understands this, (even if he doesn't always listen to the boss(es)).

3 comments:

3T Mama said...

Awesome! Finn is quite the comedian :) And look at all of those cute red heads.

tisha_ts said...

I am so in love with this picture! My mom was talking about how 'verbal' Finn was...she was very impressed. He is a sharp one :)

Anonymous said...

Cute, just cute! Finn is talker indeed and glad he knows who the real boss is :)