8.28.2011

16 months!

Tess with her friend Zip the Monkey
(the frighteningly life-like toy)

I'm sure that there are some parents of 16-month olds who use the potty 2-3x/day who don't feel smug about their child's potty-telligence, but I'm not one of those people. Let it be known that Tess was officially using the potty before she could walk. (She says "poo poo potty," and then she goes. It's a miracle of nature.) As of this week, she's now taking steps - albeit tiny and very tentative steps, and usually only to me - but it's happening. Did you read the part about the potty?

After she sat on the potty earlier today, we had this conversation.
Me (jumping up and down, which is what I do): Yay, Tess!
T: A-GAIN, Mommy.
Me: Yah, Tess!
T: A-GAIN, Mommy. Teeth, Mommy!
So I give her the toothbrush.
T: Thank you, Mommy.
Me: You're welcome.
T: You're welcome, Mommy.

She is such a joy. The nice thing is that she and Finn are also a joy together. Much of the time anyway. We're not living in wonderland - they fight, they push each other, but they also cuddle and give kisses and I love it. Finn's school starts in 18 days.

6 comments:

Penelope said...

I wish I could meet her. That hair color...honestly is gorgeous. I hope she keeps it.

Deanna said...

I love that my kids can now play together, it is so fun to watch them interact.

Mom of AOCG said...

I'm in awe! Potty at 16 months? Wow! What a cute little mouth she has in that picture! Love her!

Anonymous said...

So happy that she picked up the potty idea!!! I do the sing and dnace move too ;) I have an almost 24 month old who has yet to pee on the potty but talks about it ALL the time. He's on the opposite side of the spectrum that Grady was at his age but I'm glad to know mine weren't the only ones completely opposite in that area! SO happy for potty trained little people :) Tell Finn 'Hi' from Grady. We got on your blog and Grady asked when Finn was coming back to Judy's to play. Awww!!!

Sweet Red said...

Aunt How loves this update and the red hair. But, I feel the need to point out Zip was MY toy. Although, actully it might have been Andy's before me, most things were...I can hardly stand the cutness that is those two!

tisha_ts said...

I don't know, sounds pretty much like wonderland to me :) Two beyond-words cute red-heads babbling and singing all day long, fun! I was just thinking, as Cadyn was dragging me back to the playroom for the ump-teenth time this morning, that she needs a brother or sister to play with so mama can watch DVRd (in Canada it is called PVR) Late Night with Fallon ;) haha