1.28.2009

the Duke baby


Big game tonight. Duke vs. Wake Forest. Finn is doing his part to help cheer the Blue Devils to victory, and that includes eating all of his sweet potatoes.

We had planned to drive to Waverly today but a little snowstorm curtailed our plans so we're leaving tomorrow instead. From there we fly to Miami on Friday morning, so I'll be posting all sorts of warm-weather items in the next few weeks. I am SO EXCITED to see what Finn thinks of the swimming pool.

Aunt Judy reminded me that today would have been Grandpa Wagoner's 100th birthday, so I was telling Finn some stories about him -- there are so many! One of my favorites: Katy and I were eating dinner at G&G's with the family and we were both on a no-meat kick, only eating plates full of mashed potatoes and corn. This was before Atkins, at some point in high school when I'm sure we were needlessly concerned with our weight. Grandpa took one look at what we were eating and asked, "Do you know what we feed cows to fatten 'em up?" The man knew how to get a girl to eat a steak. Finn thought that was funny, too.

No comments: