10.17.2009

pet store


Last weekend, we decided to run some errands in North Haven and took Finn to Petco to see the fish and birds. Petco was actually pretty lame. But thanks to the complete nonsensical development patterns of suburban big-box shopping areas, there is a Pet Smart literally next door. We went there and saw MUCH better animals: cats for adoption - which we resisted, dogs being groomed, cute little birds and hamsters, and ... unfortunately, a rat, which Finn really enjoyed. Thank goodness Pet Smart doesn't also carry baby French Bulldogs - again, not that we'd give in - but one would have been much more difficult to resist than say, a rat.

4 comments:

Mom of AOCG said...

Oh, pet stores! So fun! I used to do that all of the time with Audrey. It was a regular activity, especially when Mick was deployed. The addition of more kids equals less trips to the pet stores. :)

Was the PetCo/PetSmart within the same strip vicinity of the Lowes/Home Depot?

Pokolodi said...

If they had baby french bulldogs, we'd have a dozen.

Finn should come over and see Thomas and Clifford sometime soon!!!

Karen said...

Oh my god, I haven't read your blog in a while and SO wish I had been keeping up... when I read your comment about the Petco vs. Petsmart and them being right next door to each other, I laughed ALMOST as hard as your 'Her hair is positively canine' comment in Rome 15 years ago. Like, chuckled uncontrollably with tears in my eyes for about 3 minutes until poor Ken had to put his hand over the phone, looking at me slightly annoyed, and said, "WHAT is it?" heeeee hee hee

Penelope said...

I hate to tell you this...but for about a year, PetCo was more than a weekly stop. I plugged my nose.