2.01.2011

he says

Finn is quite the talker. Sometimes it's exhausting listening to him all day, but lately he's been saying some pretty funny stuff. The thing is, I'm not always even sure that he knows the meanings of the words he uses, but he manages to use them in the proper context. So who knows. It's a good thing he makes me laugh because we haven't been outside for two days.

Anyway, here are a few that I wanted to pass along.

(In the kitchen, I was washing the food processor).
F: What THAT do?
N: Well, let's see. You put the food into this container and the blade chops the broccoli into tiny pieces.
F (thoughtfully): Ohh. That's VERY CLEVER.

["Clever" is his new favorite word. He uses it to describe things that really are clever. Such as himself, or his favorite trucks. Or his new book about tractors. Or the parts of a combine.]

Tonight he was using his pretend phone. He hung up after having a very animated call and sort of pretend laughing.
N: Who was that?
F (matter-of-factly): Enzo.
N: Oh yeah?
F: Yes, he gots new garbage trucks. And recycling trucks.

The fake phone rings again.
F: Ha! Ok, bye!
N: Who was that?
F: Massi. He has new trucks too. Now I have to call Dario.
A: You mean Uncle Dario.

One more and then I'll stop:

The other day, I was giving him a Mash-Up - his favorite thing to eat, of course, since it's basically a tablespoon of applesauce sealed into a pouch and costs like $100.
N: What kind of mash-up would you like?
F: Grape.
N: We don't have grape, but we have orange.
F: Oh, orange! That's totally awesome.
N: (Snort.)

All I can say is, I hope that our senses of humor remain intact tomorrow - a foot of snow is on the way!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

I'm cracking up. Especially the phone calls.

Oh and the mashups. Killer. Every time we pass them at the co op Micah starts yelling until I give in and let him have one while we finish our shopping.

Mom of AOCG said...

This is totally awesome! (Snort!) I have had a similar post in my mind about Claire's funny things she says. Need to get it written. You've motivated me!

I could eat him with a spoon he's so sweet. Give him a big hug from Aunt Sue. xoxo

Jee Mee said...

Omg, this is too cute. I would LOVE to hear some of these conversations.

Oliver asked me the other day why I had my ring. "Well, it's because Momma and Dada are together and love each other." So he says: "I want to give a ring to Eva (his school buddy). I'm going to buy her a ring at the supermarket."


Whoooaaa! They grow up too fast!

Pokolodi said...

Posts like this make me miss you guys so much. I'm certain Carson and Finn would be the best of buddies if you were still here. Just imagine how glorious it would be if we could spend a snowy afternoon sitting on the sofa with hot tea while Raleigh and Tess crawl around and Carson and Finn discuss combines...for hours. Because I'm certain they could.