7.31.2008

Daily Update on Nothing


Hi. Well, another uneventful day to report. Yesterday, we went to the Babies R Us in Milford to pick up some last minute items, thinking that maybe Peanut would motivate from all of the baby-ness around. Well, that didn't work. But that's ok. We bought stuff.

You know what's funny is that I have noticed that the B R Us customer service professionals (that's a joke) are really - um - not so pleasant, and I'm like, dude. If you're working in a BABY STORE, you just might want to try a little harder to smile, especially to the babies and pregnant women who go there a lot. I recognize that I'd be a really bad year-round Christmas store employee, so I don't work at the Christmas Tree Shop. Maybe these people simply lack similar self-awareness.

On a sad note, I want to bid farewell to a much-loved member of our family, my brother's 17 year old dog, Corky. In 1995, Corky accompanied me on a 1200-mile road trip from Omaha to Mick and Sue's new home in South Carolina. She sat up in the passenger seat of my little red car for most of the trip (except for her one minor freak-out in Louisville where she jumped onto my lap and down toward my feet as we crossed the Ohio River in a thunderstorm) and proved to be great company, as she was to Mick and his family for many years. We'll miss you, Cork :(

1 comment:

Pokolodi said...

Oh, Corky...I didn't even know you, but I'm sitting here tearing up over you.

Sigh...

Hey! I think you've just found your middle name! It would be a touching and deserving tribute to Corky.