9.14.2008

weekend finn-anigans


We here at chez barber are clearly a bit biased, but we can't get enough of Finn's constantly evolving repertoire of expressions. In the past few days he has given us several smiles ranging from general bemusement to (what looks like) unadulterated joy. Thankfully, Finn-sponsored entertainment has coincided with the most unfortunate demise of our cable box, which went dark suddenly on Thursday morning (ahem, note the date), as did the two replacement boxes that comcast brought over on Saturday. So here we sit, sans cable, but completely amused by a most charming 5 1/2 week old baby. This must be what the olden days were like.

The cable guy is coming back on Tuesday, so I only have one more day of reading - SIGH. The good news is that I've been able to read four issues of the New Yorker in four days (I smart!)

3 comments:

Pokolodi said...

Nursing (literally) half the day without tv?! It's a good thing that lil' guy is so utterly adorable! I seem to recall Andrei's mother commenting on how quickly the days would fly by as we just sat and stared at Carson in those first weeks. For little blobs, they really are quite entertaining.

Penelope said...

Oh my god - I sure hope I didn't have anything to do with that. Life without cable, that is serious business!

Anonymous said...

You are very S-M-R-T! :)

I love watching babies! Sometimes when I check on Claire right before I go to bed I'm just overcome with how cute she is and I run and go get Mick to see the sleeping baby and have been known to break into spontaneous applause at such a cute performance. (Any of them really, but Claire's the baby right now!)

I'm sure Finn is just as entertaining! :)