3.03.2010

ELMO LIVE!

Finn had a very special day today with his Papa and Mimi at Sesame Street Live in Elmira. We tried to explain to him the significance of the occasion but he didn't really get it ahead of time. However, it's my understanding that upon their arrival at the Clemens Center, Finn was pretty much ecstatic to meet the characters and see them sing! And dance! Here are a few pics that capture his excitement pretty darn well.

Quite possibly one of the HIGHLIGHTS OF HIS LIFE so far
(and to think that I was worried he'd be freaked out by 6'-tall Elmo and Abby?)

Gotta get to our seats fast!!

Finn and his Papa (yes, there's some resemblance?!)

Toward the end, Finn was a little tired and wanted to sit on Mimi's lap
but he still mustered up the strength to applaud.

4 comments:

tisha_ts said...

That pic with Elmo is priceless!

Pokolodi said...

LOVE it! And what great grandparents for documenting the big event! I mean, if you couldn't blog about it, what we do?

Karen said...

At first I thought the picture of Finn with Elmo and Abby was a promotional "postcard" shot from the event, it's so perfect. I can't imagine his excitement!

(Well, I kind of can...it would be as if there were, for example, MAD MEN LIVE events where you got to sit on Jon Hamm's lap and pose for a picture. Oh dear. Now I'm all distracted.)

Auntie Ann said...

Who was the happiest?!!! I think it was a perfect day for all :-)!!
I am sure that the company is looking to find out if they can use the picture for promotional purposes!!!