4.26.2011

Birthday Beauty

I don't often get very emotional about this blog, but today! Today ... for some reason, maybe because this is the last first birthday we'll be celebrating until we have grandchildren (and please God, let that be a good 25 years from now) ... because the sun is shining and everyone we've seen out and about has been so sweet to my baby girl (the checkout lady at Target even sang Happy Birthday and none of the waiting customers seemed to mind) ... because I looked at her hair when we were on the swings this morning and she looked back at me just so ... well, this birthday is making me a little sentimental.

The day she was born, the nurses and hospital photographer told us she was one of the most alert babies they had ever seen. Sweet as sugar from the start!

This photo of when they first met never fails to make me teary (and smiley).

At her birthday party on Sunday after digging into that delicious Aunt Heather-made cake!
(More photos from that party to come.)

Happy FIRST Birthday to our lovely and sweet baby girl!
WE LOVE YOU, TESS!!

6 comments:

Pokolodi said...

Awww. Happy birthday, Tess! This post even made me choke up!

Shawna said...

Happy Birthday Tess! That cake picture is so precious. What a beautiful girl.

tisha_ts said...

Have a wonderful first birthday Tess! What a lucky little girl you are to be so so so loved :)

Cheeky Baby said...

Happy birthday, sweet baby girl!

Sonya said...

Aw, Happy Bday Tess!! Amazing how that first year flies by isn't it. I'm catching myself saying it again but I can't believe Grady will be 4 in less than 2 weeks. I've decided I WILL be that mom that cries on his first day of Kindergarten because he's officially a big kid then :*( and not my baby boy...

Siobhan said...

Yay Tess! We love you sweetie!