6.04.2010

Memorial Day

We had a lovely (and HOT) Memorial Day with family and friends...

My cousins Tisha and Shawna wrote two sweet posts reminding me how we used to celebrate the holiday in Nebraska. I thought about that a lot on Monday, and was very proud of our families and their history of service.


Mimi and sleepy Tess.


Papa went to a bit of effort to put up this swing for Finn. Although he has yet to use it, we have faith that it will happen eventually. (I love this photo for the flag composition. Look at me! I'm an artist!)

Papa and Cousin Paul took Finn for a ride on the Gator. Last year? Loved it. This year? Cried. Chalked it up to no nap/over-tiredness and too much sun. Of course, the Gator is all he has talked about all week: "Paul and Gator! Paul and Gator!"

Papa built this Finn-sized Adirondack chair especially for him.

Swimming in the pond was a big hit.

I love my baby girl.

Mini-Andrew.

Running through the garden.

1 comment:

tisha_ts said...

Thanks for the shout out. I miss Gma and Gpa and our traditions when we were young. Especially egg factory ;)

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday. The flag photo IS very artistic. Nice work.

I also can't get over how freaking adorable Finn's chair is. It just makes me smile. His Papa sure does love him :)