7.11.2010

more trucks!


These were taken a couple of weeks ago ... I'm catching up on posting photos while Finn naps and Tess and I watch the World Cup final.

(Written by Papa): After Finn took an all too short nap (wind blew a door closed and woke him up after about 90 minutes) I went searching in the barn. The old trunk that we used for a toy chest still held a lot of treasures. Here are some of them. All were given to Andy when he was little, and played with a lot – except for the brown dump truck. Andy played a lot with that one also, but it started life as one of my prized possessions back in the mid 50s. We always laughed the year Andy got three orange dump trucks from three different people – must have been a favorite of Tonka that year.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Grady and Bryce too are using hand-me-down trucks of my brothers! Grady loves them and I'm sure soon enough Bryce will too. Brad's dad redid an old pedal tractor like Grandma and Grandpa used to have that was Brad's dad's as a boy. Grady is just getting big enough now to pedal it on his own. I love the vintage things that kids can use and have a great time with. At my parent's Taylon and Grady play with the old red and orange semi trailors that were my dad's and Dennis's as boys. I love having great families!