8.06.2010

Gimme a T! Gimme a W! Gimme an O! 2!!!


I'm not particularly sentimental on this blog, but on the eve of Finn's second birthday, after putting him to bed, checking on his twice and covering up his cute little feet with his treasured blankie, smelling his head multiple times and whispering how much I love him, then looking around at all of his cars scattered throughout the second floor and thinking many time how lucky we are to have such a wonderful son ... well, I think maybe there are moments in which it's ok to be a total sap and this is probably one of them.

Since tomorrow is going to be a very busy day with celebrations spanning three generations of family - beginning with a memorial and ending with a birthday party - I wanted to write a quick note this evening to tell the Finn-formerly-known-as-Peanut that your daddy and I love you very much ... on this day in 2008 we were a happy couple but never could we have known how much your presence could make our lives that much more wonderful. Happy Birthday!

Before I collapse into bed, here's an exchange we had earlier tonight. If you can't tell, it's all about the dessert for my offspring.
Me: Finn! We're going to have your cake party tomorrow!
Nana: That's right! Guess what kind of cake you're having? What's going to be on your cake??
Finn: ROSES!

(Correct answer: trucks. But that's ok. Let him be pleasantly surprised.)

5 comments:

Mom of AOCG said...

Beautifully said Mama!!!!! He is such a lucky little boy to be loved so much and have such a devoted Mommy and Daddy!

Happy Birthday Finn!!!!!!!

Love,
Aunt Sue
xo

Shawna said...

Happy Birthday to Finn. He is such a sweetie. I laughed out loud about the roses. :)

tisha_ts said...

Very sweet :) Happy birthday to the adorable Finn!

Caryn said...

It goes soooooo fast, doesn't it?!

Happy 2nd Birthday Finn!!!! Keep your mama on her toes and keep on having fun! :)

Pokolodi said...

Happy Birthday, Finn!

A word of advice for you, Mama, during this year of "two"...look back at this sweet post every so often. You might need to remind yourself of these feelings. It is sure to be a year full of fun...and frustration...and FUN! Enjoy it. I wish I had more. Now that we're in "three," I'm really missing it.

Give that birthday boy TWO squeezes for me...and one to grow on.