8.04.2010

Nebraska

This past weekend went by in such a blur (sadly, not due to an abundance of cocktails but rather due to excessive airplane-ness and sleep deprivation) that my photos were a complete disaster. We flew to Nebraska for my cousin Tyson's wedding to his lovely girlfriend/now-wife Mallory, and most of my cousins and their kids were there, so it was really fun. Just so fast. And we only took the little camera and due to the constant child-chasing didn't capture many of the sweet moments (like the entire time at my dad's house) on film. Anyway. It was a fun time and made me wish that my family lived closer by like everyone did in the olden days.

Finn loved playing trucks with his cousins Noah and Grady. At some point Finn must have said something to the effect of "No trucks for Finn!" because they all started saying it and I must have heard the phrase 27 times in 48 hours. No trucks for Finn. I have no idea what he was talking about, but maybe he sensed that they were 3 and he was only (almost) 2... Don't get me wrong. They played great together. And please don't say No Trucks for Finn in front of him ever again.

Andrew trying to demonstrate to Finn that the horse isn't scary. When we got home, I said, "Finn, tell Nana what Cousin Simon brought to Aunt Judy's in the trailer!" and he said, "A cow." Close.

Here we are. Up close we were gorgeous.

For more details and a much more interesting blog post about the weekend check out my cousin Tisha's blog. She wasn't too lazy to bring her SLR!

2 comments:

Caryn said...

LOVE the family pic :)

tisha_ts said...

Aw, thanks for the shout out. I STILL wish I would have gotten group photos--arg! Cute family photo. Great to see you, but you nailed it, we need a whole week to catch up next time :)