8.25.2009

finn and the sea

We are visiting our friends Brian and Regina and their family at the Jersey shore this week and this video sums up Andrew's attempt at showing Finn the beauty of the waves.



So, Finn's first experience with getting his feet wet in the ocean was in effect, mildly traumatizing. For the past two nights he has screamed bloody murder whenever we try to put him in the bath, and I really hope from the bottom of my heart that there is no correlation.

The upside to the ocean breeze and soothing wave sounds is this idyllic image [taken 2 mins. after wave debacle].


Ahh, the beach! Now it's back to New Haven and the waning days of summer tomorrow morning...

6 comments:

Mom of AOCG said...

Ahhhh, that wasn't so bad! I was prepared for much worse! Sweet little guy. That ocean is one scary big thing!

Caryn said...

looks like y'all had a great time :)

Caryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pokolodi said...

He's such a champ! I totally thought there would be screaming and big tears. Quite frankly, as far as first meetings between baby and ocean go, I think this was a success. And that water is probably cold! I'd whimper too. No worries. I really don't think he'll be in therapy over this one.

sara said...

I had to give a shout-out. I just noticed a comment you left on Nick Peterson's blog some time ago and saw that you lived in New Haven. And then when I clicked on your blog, I saw that you have a son named Finn so thought I would introduce myself....

We've known Nick and Charlotte for about 10 years. My husband & Charlotte worked together in NYC with the Parks. In fact, we were fortunate just to get visited by N, C, and LINUS, their month-old son. Anyway, we've been in New Haven for two years and have three sons, the youngest is named Finn (he turns 4). We are the crazy bike people who ride all over town in our family cargo bikes, and I also know Marna (her mom was actually my h.s. English teacher-- small, small world). Hope to run into you at some point.

Cheeky Baby said...

Yep...I was expecting a blood curdling scream too. Sweet boy...