8.31.2009

Happy Bday Granddad!

Hi, there. Hi. Hi!

I'm not exaggerating when I write that our apartment is so freezing on SEPTEMBER 1ST that it's difficult to get my fingers moving in order to write this post. And that's not due to any full-blast air conditioning either. No, it's chilly outside. More chilly inside. It's insane. We had two weeks of summer, for cryin' out loud. Burr!

So it's a pretty happy circumstance that we are heading to Miami on Friday for a weekend with my family to celebrate my dad's 70th Birthday. Dad, sorry I didn't get it together to also make you a cool video, but since you'll get to see Finn in person pretty soon, that's even better. Hope you have a great bday and we can't wait to see you (all of you!)

Oh, a few more words on Finn. After much cajoling from his grandmothers, I relented and found this super-awesome 1960s playpen on craigslist. Unlike the pack and plays that he despises, this is really cool because it's big and wood and he doesn't feel like he's in baby jail because he's able to see everything that's going on. I'm now able to do things like make lunch and use the restroom without worrying about Finn scurrying over to pull the baseboard heating off of the wall! It's great!

5 comments:

Auntie Ann said...

It is so nice to hear the younger generation say that we did something right!!!! I don't know why they quite making playpens... Finn will be walking around in it in no time.

Pokolodi said...

That play pen is awesome!! Happy birthday to your dad--it's my mom's b-day and Andrei's namesday too!

Caryn said...

Love the playpen! What a great idea! And it's so retro it's cool :) (Love Craig's List)

Penelope said...

looks positively retro, very cool.

Myra said...

Thumbs up on the playpen. Just left Miami, where it is warm but overcast and grey at times.