5.12.2010

funny guy

The older Finn gets and the more words he learns, the funnier he is. Every day he makes me laugh with exchanges such as the following.

Me: Declan is coming over to play today, Finn. Can you say "Declan"?
Finn: Declan.
M: And can you say "Finn"?
F: Finn.
M: What is YOUR name?
F: Tess!

Or this, overheard as he was talking himself to sleep tonight in his crib...
"Elmo, ba. Elmo, ba. Elmo, ba. [fyi--ba = his blanket]
Dada, Mama, Mimi.
Obama! (laughing)
Obama Obama Obama."

The laughter keeps me sane while I'm trying to get a newborn who's been awake for 8 hours to go to sleep already.

And yes, it's time to post more photos, I've been a little busy this week to say the least and am waiting for our fancy new digital SLR to show up at my door. Then we'll be taking LOTS of great pics!

6 comments:

Mom of AOCG said...

I just knew he was my one of my favorite nephews! (Hey! I have 8! Must be diplomatic!) OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! :) xoxo

Shawna said...

That's awesome. During the campaign our neighbor taught Noah to say John McCain was going to win and we had no idea until one night and dinner when he blurted it out. He was quick to tell on the offender and we were quick to set him straight.

We are SO ready to meet Finn and little Tess.

Penelope said...

can you say jealous? yup, that's me.

tisha_ts said...

Hilarious. I am really trying to stay in the moment with Cadyn, but truthfully, I can't wait until she starts talking. She is giving us a taste right now with her babbling and I already love her little voice!

Excited for you to get the SLR :)

Mom of AOCG said...

Oh my, Shawna! I would have decked that person! One of our friends taught Olivia "Go Bucks!" (Ohio State) and Mick about died. Can't imagine "Go John McCain!". BLECH.

When we were doing prayers with the girls at election time we taught them to pray "God Bless Barack Obama and Joe Biden." Or as Claire (Cware) would say "God Bwess Bawock Obama and Joe (in a Boston accent) Biwen." :)

Pokolodi said...

C also loved saying Obama around that age. It must be a fun name to say.