5.03.2010

her first bath


We knew that this would be the case, but life with a newborn and a toddler is REALLY HECTIC. We gave Tess her first sponge bath the other day, which is a challenge until her umbilical cord falls out (which we would like to happen soon, please). She is just so cute. I could--and do--look at her all day.

Finn has been adjusting fairly well. The first day she was home he would blow her a kiss and then try to throw a block at her head. It's getting better though. Now he always wants to look at her while she's sleeping and he'll give her one of his matchbox cars to hold. He's really great. And speaking of sleeping, Tess is already sleeping 4 hour stretches at night so much like with Finn, I can't complain that she isn't much of a napper. Also, she's only a week old.

Finn has some funny new words lately.
Panda.
Yacht.
Stuff.
Bee/Ant/Bug/Fly - he is obsessed and yet terrified of them all.
"Niho." He must have heard everyone calling me Nico and is now doing it too.

5 comments:

Mom of AOCG said...

What a sweet little bundle! Glad Finn is adjusting. Watch out for those matchbox cars! And any play yachts he might have. :) Love you Niho!

tisha_ts said...

Oh my goodness, she is so adorable Niho! ;) I figured you might be just a little busy since the blog posts have slowed down. I do like in April that you had more posts than actual days in the month. Hehe!

Shawna said...

I'm dying over how cute this picture is. Oh that adjustment from one to two is tough...or at least for me it was. A year later, I'm still adjusting. :)

Penelope said...

You are blessed!

Shawna said...

Woo hoo for your new blog title. :)