4.19.2010

da do do due date

Forty weeks is here, and it will be gone, and that's ok. I had a checkup with my midwife at noon and not much has changed since last week (baby is high, I *might* be 1 cm dilated, etc etc). She gave me a couple of homeopathic things to try but the honest truth is that at this point I'd rather just let nature run its course. I'll go in next Monday for an ultrasound and non-stress test if I'm still waiting. Darcie the doula will be back from vacation on Friday so maybe she'll be present after all...

It's crazy to me that in just 12 weeks it will be a YEAR since I started being pregnant. Hahaha. Although I'm feeling it, we're continuing to schedule activities this week so that we get out and walking. By the way, Finn just did the cutest thing. He has a couple of baby books (Baby Faces, Baby Colors) that he got out and handed to me and said BABY. As if he was far too sophisticated for those books, but the baby is free to borrow them. Funny stuff.

3 comments:

Mom of AOCG said...

He's a funny guy! :) Claire told me the other day that she wasn't a baby, but a "big girl." :)

Auntie Ann said...

I just did the math and since Finn's birthday adds up to 23 I pick the 23rd!!! (I will tell you that math was not my best subject!!) Just in case....

Auntie Ann said...

I just did the math and Finn's birthday 8-7-08 and it adds up to 23 so I picked the 23rd!