4.01.2010

road trip

We went to Rochester yesterday for a quick road trip before the baby arrives. Considering how much I used to travel, a little bit of wanderlust had crept up on me, not having really left the area since moving to Corning in December. And since it's too late to fly (plus I've wanted to take Finn to Rochester for a while now), off we went...

The National Museum of Play was SO fun. We had a great few hours there and probably could have stayed longer had we not all started to fade. A few highlights:

The Butterfly Garden! Finn was actually a little bit scared of the "bugs"...

... and he was relieved when our 20 minutes was up.
(Thank goodness none of the butterflies landed on him.
He's so fastidious I think there would have been hell to pay.)

Best part ever: the pretend airline cockpit.

Love his concentration in this picture.

Shopping at the fake Wegmans.
This didn't go very well as all he wanted was mixed fruit jelly.

Today we took the scenic route back and stopped in Hammondsport for some lunch and ice cream. It was SO WARM there was just no time for shoes. We are expecting 80 degrees for the next few days so I'd better go cut the tags off of some shorts!

2 comments:

tisha_ts said...

Wanderlust...my new word of the day. ;) The trip looked like a blast!

Cheeky Baby said...

I remember going out on a day-trip family outing RIGHT before Holden was born and realizing that it was probably the last outing we would have as a family of three. That day is one of my best memories. You guys were really smart to take this little trip.