4.15.2010

no photos please

I meant to post this pic yesterday too because it cracks me up but it worked out well that I didn't, since it's already 10 PM and today's pics haven't been downloaded yet and blah blah blah...

Anyway, Finn and Nana and I took advantage of the still-glorious weather and my still-gestating condition today to drive up to Watkins Glen and all the way around Seneca Lake. It was really fun and nice to see some new scenery and eat delicious food at the Harbor Hotel and a little local ice cream place (seeing as how ice cream will be phased out immediately after baby 2.0). Finn also had a chance to run around outside and see about 100 tractors, which are always identified with a boisterous "ohhh CACKTOR!" or sometimes a "BALOO CACKTOR!" OR "GREEEEEN CACKTOR!" Seriously, this boy is always amusing.

I'm feeling lots of baby kicking but otherwise nothing noteworthy, which is a little bit of a relief because I didn't want her birthday coinciding with the deadline for tax returns. And that's not because I dread taxes so much as I'd rather it not coincide with anything important (such as my nephew Massi's birthday on the 18th or my doula's vacation on the 19th... uh, the 16th and 17th are all clear, just sayin'...) I had a premonition that tonight would be The Night but my premonitions have all been off of the mark, therefore I'm going to read the New Yorker in bed and hope for another good night of sleep. Just in case.

1 comment:

Maria said...

You don't have to give up ice cream! You'll be breastfeeding so you need the calories. At least that's always my excuse!